Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Consumer Behavior


Today in class we began discussing consumer behavior. The idea is that people purchase something for the experience, not just the product. I completely agree with this concept and have found myself going out of my way for a Starbucks coffee, not a coffee from a little coffee stand on the corner, or a McDonalds coffee. This might just be due to the fact that I like the atmosphere, the product, and I feel like the employees are always friendly, but it is also due to brand loyalty. I am indeed a Starbucks "Gold card" member, which means I have money on my Starbucks card to use and I get a small discount on my drinks. Therefore I always want to make a trip to Starbucks because I have money set aside to use there and it is cheaper for me.
Another thing we discussed in class was what types of products are on a low continuum of effort for women. Someone behind me said, Starbucks, and I fully disagreed. There are so many options and so many decisions that you can be faced with at Starbucks that the effort put into making a drink choice can often be overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment